Hey, kids (read: College Grads/Social media gurus)! Want a fun (read: you’ll look forward to Mondays), interesting (read: creatively challenging) job (read: job, yes, job) with a forward-thinking marketing agency (read: ad agency/web marketing experts with local and national clients located in Elgin, IL)? We’ve got the position for you—Web Marketer, as part of our comprehensive online marketing, promotion, and public relations program.
As Web Marketer, you’ll put your social media and online strategy skills to the test. What? Facebook and Twitter for a job? Well, yes, among many many other things. In this position, you’ll become the web marketing arm of our client’s teams. You’ll work with their social media, blogs, and other programs to maximize their online and offline exposure. So what will you do? Short answer: You’ll do it all. Long answer: You’ll plan. You’ll research. You’ll implement. You’ll maintain. You’ll analyze. You’ll work with our fun (read: creative, yet slightly crazy) team of web marketing experts to make it happen for your clients.
Responsibilities (The even longer answer to your question: Seriously, so what will I do?):
- Account coordination for multiple clients
- Analyze client goals and research solutions
- Contribute to and execute new ideas for the social media program
- Analyze and adjust online strategies
- Write and develop social media content (Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Social bookmarking, etc.)
- Increase awareness of client brands by creating grass roots buzz/conversations
- Monitor media (blogs and web 2.0 media) daily to ensure posts are accurate and develop responses when needed
- Research online (Google trends, Google alerts, Google blog search, etc.) to monitor client reputation, spot trends, and develop strategy
- Fill in for other social media roles and support as needed
- College degree in communications, marketing or advertising
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Terrific atention to detail
- Must have noticed that “attention” was spelled wrong in above bullet
- Solid content research skills
- Be organized
- Be able to manage time
- Be able to work in fast-paced work environment
- Be awesome
Things you have to know about:
- Blog/buzz/viral marketing
- SEO/SEM/PPC marketing
- Social media marketing
- Analytical and reporting tools
- Effective messaging development for web marketing including landing pages, PPC copy, etc.
- Public relations for the web
- Must not utilize “utilize” in your resume (Never use a large word when a diminutive one will do).
- Cover letter addressing how your background and philosophy align with the qualifications and responsibilities associated with this position
- Resume detailing education and professional experience
- Salary requirements
Send your information to Andrew Fujii, Account Manager.
Those looking to slack, be bored, watch the clock, or get someone their coffee (or have coffee gotten for them) need not apply.
We look forward to meeting you, future colleague!