Repeat after me: “I am a writer. I am into social media. I know about marketing. I am awesome.” If you did not just lie, and you’re in the market for a new job, then read on. Demi & Cooper Advertising is looking for a Web Marketer with a Creative/Professional Writing focus for our comprehensive online marketing, promotion, and public relations program. You’ll do a lot of web writing—for blogs, landing page text, Twitter, eblasts, Facebook, etc. And you do have to be awesome, since you have to do more than write–you’ll plan, research, set-up, implement, maintain, and analyze strategic online marketing programs for clients in healthcare, real estate/homebuilding, higher education, and non-profit sectors. So you have to be smart and adaptable also. Still think you fit the bill? Read on to see if the job sounds as awesome as you are. If so, we may have found a match.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze client goals and research solutions
- Contribute to and execute new ideas for the social media program
- Analyze and adjust online strategies
- Research and write creative blog entries for multiple clients
- Write landing page copy for clients based on a solid understanding of search engine optimization
- Develop client eblast strategy and copy
- Write and develop social media content (Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Social bookmarking, etc.)
- Increase awareness of client brands by creating grass roots buzz/conversations
- Monitor media (blogs and web 2.0 media) daily to ensure posts are accurate and develop responses when needed
- Research online (Google trends, Google alerts, Google blog search, etc.) to monitor client reputation, spot trends, and develop strategy
- Fill in for other social media roles and support as needed
- College degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or advertising is required
- Terrific attention to detail
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with knowledge of AP style and English grammar
- Solid content research skills
- Attention to detail
- Must have noticed that was the second bullet with “Attention to detail”
- Be organized
- Be able to manage time
- Be able to work in fast-paced work environment
- Be awesome
Things you have to know about:
- Blog/buzz/viral marketing
- SEO/SEM/PPC marketing
- Social media marketing
- Social bookmarking marketing
- Site optimization and improvement for marketing purposes
- Effective use of anchor text in web sites, blogs, etc.
- Analytical and reporting tools
- Effective messaging development for web marketing including landing pages, PPC copy, etc.
- Public relations for the web
- Minimum of two writing samples (you may include a URL for online samples)
- Cover letter addressing how your background and philosophy align with the qualifications and responsibilities associated with this position
- Resume detailing education and professional experience
- Salary requirements
Send your information to Sarah Bashaw, Interactive Marketing Manager.
Those looking to slack, be bored, watch the clock, or get someone their coffee (or have coffee gotten for them) need not apply. And seriously, don’t apply if you’re not awesome. We’ll just throw your resume away (perhaps after snickering at your overuse of the word “utilize” first).
We look forward to meeting you, future colleague!